BEUC is the data controller for the purpose of this website.
We strongly believe in your fundamental rights to privacy and data protection. We try to strictly limit the processing of your personal information to the minimum possible for the correct functioning of the website.
To be able to get statistics on the activity on our website, we use a service called Matomo. All data collected is anonymised and BEUC does not share them with third parties. For example, Matomo anonymises your IP by removing its last octet, so we will never know your full IP address.
If you decide to subscribe to our newsletter, we will collect the information that you provided via a sign-up form. The data you provide (e.g. your name and e-mail address) will be stored and processed by CiviCRM on behalf of BEUC. You can unsubscribe anytime by clicking the link at the bottom of the newsletter.
Mapbox: Our website uses a static map by MapBox which requires no cookies because there is no interactivity.
Icons: Icons are provided by Font Awesome. There are no cookies used as the fonts are stored locally and don’t communicate with Font Awesome.
Your data protection rights
- Right of access – You have the right to have access to the personal data we hold about you and to obtain a copy.
- Right to rectification – You have the right to rectify the personal data we have about you if it is inaccurate.
- Right to erasure – You have the right to erase the personal data we have about you.
- Right to restriction of processing – If you believe the personal data we have is not accurate or that we are not using it lawfully but do not want to simply ask that we delete it straight away, you have the right to ask us to stop using the data while we sort out the problems.
- Right to data portability – You have the right to receive the data that you have provided in a commonly used format, so you can take it somewhere else if you wish.
- Right to object – You have the right to object to the use of your data for marketing purposes at any time. Note that we do not use your data for marketing in any way!
- Right to lodge a complaint – If you believe your rights are not being respected and your data is being used unlawfully, you have the right to lodge a complaint with your national Data Protection Authority. You can find the contact details of all national data protection authorities here.
Changes to our Policy
How to contact us
BEUC – The European Consumer Organisation
Rue d’Arlon 80
Tel: +32 2 743 15 90
Fax: +32 2 740 28 02